Followers

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Kids and Old Faithful

Isn't today's technology amazing? Last week my children vacationed at Yellowstone National Park. One day, my brother Mark sent Marina a text message asking how they were doing, etc. She told him they had just arrived at the Old Faithful Geyser. Being curious, Mark ran a search on the popular tourist attraction and discovered a website which features a live webcam showing the Old Faithful Geyser. He forwarded the link to me and it was only a matter of minutes before I saw what I thought was J.D. and Marina. The webcam shot was from behind and they were wearing yellow raincoats with the hoods up, so I was not totally sure. Just in case, I snapped a photo of my screen. Later, as I was talking to J.D. on the phone, I mentioned the incident and he confirmed they were wearing yellow rain coats. When he arrived back home, I showed the photo to him and it was indeed my J.D. and Marina.

Here is the photo that I took of J.D. and Marina 1,700 miles away at the Old Faithful Geyser at Yellowstone National Park. Notice J.D and Marina standing in the far left corner. Elijah is standing in front of them. The webcam updates every 30 seconds.


You can view the live webcam yourself by click here: Old Faithful

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 78 RPM Disks (1905-1924)

1. Albert Campbell - Dreaming (3701). Steve Porter - Flanagan At The Vocal Teacher's (3705). Standard Talking Machine Company 1907. 2. ...