Followers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Play Ball!


I love baseball. I'm not one to watch a game on TV, but put me in the stands and I LOVE IT!

Today was opening day for little league, and it was a beautiful day to be at the park. I broadcast the opening ceremony live.

Before the games began, Elijah was one of three players who stood at home plate and recited the Pledge of Allegience.

The smell of hotdogs in the air, the sound of the ball hitting the bat, the umpire yelling, "SAFE!" and the crowd roaring in approval...aaah! it's finally that time of year again! !

Today, I watched my niece, Chrissy, play her t-ball game. As the game began, and her team took the field, Chrissy took her place behind home plate as the hind catcher. When the other teams' coach walked up to the plate with his first batter, Chrissy proudly introduced herself by proclaiming,

"I'M THE BEHIND HERE PERSON!"

PLAY BALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 78 RPM Disks (1905-1924)

1. Albert Campbell - Dreaming (3701). Steve Porter - Flanagan At The Vocal Teacher's (3705). Standard Talking Machine Company 1907. 2. ...