Followers

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dad


"Way down in the country where I came from, there lived a red-headed boy who carried a big guitar under his arm, The first time I seen ol' Red, he was standing over there in the courthouse yard, He was picking and a-singing oh so hard."


My dad was born on this date in 1938. You can read his story here: Darrell Speck in the Rockabilly Hall of Fame. Dad loved music and everything about it - singing, playing and writing, and he was good at it. He would have been 70 today. I miss him.

"He was gettin' up and down that neck like Johnny B. Goode, and hittin' chords that I'd never seen. Oh yeah! Big D, that's what they call him. Big D, the red-headed kid from Tennessee."


1 comment:

  1. i miss him too. very, very much.

    your doing good uncle randy!

    ReplyDelete

My 78 RPM Disks (1905-1924)

1. Albert Campbell - Dreaming (3701). Steve Porter - Flanagan At The Vocal Teacher's (3705). Standard Talking Machine Company 1907. 2. ...