Followers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!



'Mothers are the heart of the American family. They shape the character of our people through the love and nurture of their children. It is the strength they give their families that keeps our Nation strong.'
(Ronald Reagan)



In 1981, Mother's Day was celebrated on Sunday, May 10th, just as it is this year. It was the day after we buried my brother, Ronnie, who had just been killed in an automobile accident.

Out of all the weekends in the year, I guess he had to die that weekend. I never asked God why, but I do know it was pretty hard on mom. Somehow, she survived it. And today, 28 years later, she still survives it. I don't know how, but she does.

Most people who know my mom, say she is one tough cookie. She has weathered a lot of storms, but only with God's hand on her. And, even though I know I don't always show it, I cherish these moments and days with her.

Happy Mother's day, mom. I love you.


...and to all my readers who happen to be a 'mom' - Happy Mother's Day to you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 78 RPM Disks (1905-1924)

1. Albert Campbell - Dreaming (3701). Steve Porter - Flanagan At The Vocal Teacher's (3705). Standard Talking Machine Company 1907. 2. ...